We have interpreted and adapted the traditional Chinese postnatal confinement to fit modern society. Regardless of our cultural background, our palates, our availability, the way we birth and feed, most of us agree that food is an essential and substantial part of our postnatal recovery for the soul, mind, and body.
A lot happens in the first ten days after giving birth, cluster feeds, adapting to an interrupted sleep pattern, dysregulated digestion, and significant hormonal changes. This period of time is considered the most important to get right, to reclaim your energy, getting yourself set up to a good start on this new ad exciting journey.
How it works
1. Set up your clean food pantry with our Slow Eating 101 Starter Kit & FAMACY Sous vide machine
2. Check your Omega3 DHA level with our home test kit
3. Consume optimal Omega3 DHA by following your customized recommended changes
4. Answer our questionnaire
1. We'll get in touch 3-weeks before your due date to make meal delivery arrangements
2. Confirm 24 hours before your first delivery date
3. Receive 2 deliveries of FAMACYMAMA fresh, chilled and frozen packs for your 10 day meal plan
4. Enjoy an easy, happy, stress-free recovery!
The sous vide advantage
Studies show sous vide cooking can help to retain the highest amount of the vulnerable vitamin C, and may even increase phytonutrient carotenoids by 1.1 to 1.8 times. This temperature-controlled cooking method is the best way to preserve many important nutrients, flavour, as well as to prevent overcooking.
The FAMACYMAMA Standard
To birth and grow a tiny human requires a substantial amount of high-quality resources such as nutrients, the building blocks of human bodily functions. To fuel your body and mind, we strictly adhere to holistic nutrition principles, we:
Create our meal plans based on a functional dietary pattern including a wide variety of food groups to ensure balanced macronutrients and micronutrients, fiber, and probiotics.
Don't use ingredients containing gluten
Don't use hydrogenated or seed oils
Don't use refined, ultra-processed, or empty-calorie ingredients
Unapologetic about using clean, nutrient-dense saturated fats such as those from coconut oil, and grass-fed beef
Strictly use grass-fed beef with no added hormones and antibiotics
Strictly use pasture-raised chicken, eggs, and pork with no added hormones and antibiotics
Strictly use sustainable or zero-chemical fish and seafood